Returning to your Career in Tech - Mum's in Tech
11:00 PM - 6:00 AM
After reading the course outline, and you would like to show your interest in participating, please fill out this form. https://aka.ms/MicrosoftReactorSydneyEOIForm
The Microsoft Reactor team are excited to bring to you a customised learning pathway for mums coming back to work in the tech industry. After a few years out caring for kids it’s easy to feel out of practice, behind on the latest tools and technologies, or lacking confidence. This dedicated cohort, just for mums coming back to work, will focus on development tools, version control essentials, web and cloud technology, and modern team practices.
For 6 months (one session per month), participants will access monthly topical seminars with tech experts, online hands-on learning modules, and office hours to get one-on-one help and mentorship.
Whether you’re a mum newly back at work or preparing to return to work this cohort program is perfect for upskilling, learning the latest tech, and gaining confidence in a friendly and supportive environment.
What you will be learning
• Work with Python in VS Code and GitHub
• Deploy a python webserver to the cloud, with GitHub and Azure
• Teamwork and testing – How containerisation and CI/CD simplify the dev cycle
• Azure Fundamentals Preparation
• Bringing a project and your career to life – how Agile methodology is used in the workplace and how to show off your best side with LinkedIn.
• This cohort is targeted at mums who have taken time away from tech
• Who previously worked in the tech industry before time away with kids
• Completed tertiary level computing education before time away with kids
• Have undertaken tech boot camps, or similar, giving them a solid understanding of programming and general applications, whilst caring for kids.
A minimum level of technical understanding will be needed to complete the cohort program, with a grounding on programming. Programming parts of the course will be conducted in Python, an online course will be available for those who are familiar with languages other than Python, to help with the transition.
How much time will you need to commit?
You will need to be available for ALL the below dates and times.
Friday 3rd March 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEDT
Friday 24th March 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEDT
Friday 28th April 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEST
Friday 26th May 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEST
Friday 23rd June 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEST
Friday 21st July 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEST
Friday 4th August 2023 - 10:00am - 11:00am AEST
*Please note that this registration page will not guarantee you a place in the cohort. Please fill out the above form and you will be email notified by one of our lovely team members to let you know if you have been successful.
Topic: Personal and Business Development